Weekly Bulletin – Monday 17th April 2017
We’ll meet in En2 on Tuesday (the 18th of April) at lunchtime to finalise and run through the presentations for the House Assemblies. See you there!
Athlete Support Programme
All s3-s6 pupils on the athlete support programme are invited to attend a presentation by Edinburgh College regarding courses they offer for talented athletes. This will run on Wednesday 19th April (first Wednesday back after holidays) period 2.
ALL YEAR GROUPS – Road to Wimbledon Tennis Competition
Would you like the opportunity to play at Wimbledon? Would you like the opportunity to spectate at Wimbledon? Both these options will be open to you if you compete in the Road to Wimbledon Tennis Competition on Friday 28th April (venue TBC). For more information about this VERY EXCITING opportunity please attend a meeting in the library on Thursday 20th April at break. All pupils in all year groups with any interest in tennis should attend this meeting.
S3 Enterprise class
will be having a stall at break time on Monday 24th April, in the concourse, selling Krispy Kreme Doughnuts for £1. The proceeds will be going to Help for Heroes.
For S5 pupils – Science Insights 2017
• Are you currently in S5 & enthusiastic about research in biological sciences?
• Thinking about science as a university course/career?
• Would you like some invaluable insights to help with your career exploration?
Science Insights is an exciting work experience programme from the College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine at the University of Edinburgh.
It runs from Monday 24th to Friday 28th July 2017.
Activities will include:
• Shadowing researchers in the workplace
• Tours of a range of scientific facilities
• Presentations, workshops and discussions on topics including research ethics, the use of animals in research and careers in science
• Opportunities to meet current University of Edinburgh students
• Skills session to help with future university & job applications
For more information see Mr Ayers or go to: www.scienceinsights.ed.ac.uk or contact Jenny Edwards by phone on 0131 651 4207 or email email@example.com
Deadline for applications is Monday 24th April